This new course will be run by Mark Oates and Dan Hall.
Forth River, Tasmania.
Start: Saturday, 26/6 10am
Finish: Sunday 27/6 3pm.
Camping overnight at Tasmanian Canoe Club grounds Forth. Camp fee paid directly to Tas CC.
The holder of this qualification has demonstrated the skills and knowledge to guide and instruct groups of novices on day based activities in Packrafts on Grade 2 Whitewater
The course will cover the following:
- Prepare appropriate craft and equipment
- Secure craft for transport, secure equipment to craft
- Launch and land craft
- Perform paddle strokes
- River running
- Complete an activity
- Perform self and assisted rescues
- Accept a tow
- Perform a tow
- Rope work
- Individual Situational Awareness
- Role Model paddle strokes
- Perform additional rescues
- Group Situational Awareness
- Instruct a group of novice paddlers
- Knowledge and maintenance of craft
- Select and advise on appropriate equipment and clothing
- Store, operate and maintain appropriate safety and communication equipment
- Navigational aids
- Interpret weather
- Plan an activity
- Minimal environmental impact
- Maintain a log book
- Prepare a Float Plan
- Hazard identification and risk management
- Selection of launching and landing sites
- PA's role, membership structure, your rights and responsibilities
To successfully complete the course participants will be required to complete an online quiz (resources and quiz link emailed once enrolled), a logbook and the practical face to face session.