Paddle NSW is delighted to deliver the Introduction to Coaching course. The course is designed to enable the beginner coach to gain their Introductory Coach qualification after successful completion of all requirements.
PA paddle club and direct members: $50 program fee, $60 registration for 3 years
Non members: $95 program fee, $60 registration for 3 years
The Introductory Coach works with paddlers who wish to gain coaching on core paddling skills.
The Introductory Coach would ideally operate under the supervision of a current Level One Coach or above however can work independently under the below conditions:
• Enclosed waters with no current and little wind influence.
• Hazards are minimal and there is always ready access to safe landing.
• Distance is no greater than 50m from shore.
• All participants are wearing lifejackets.
• All participants can swim.
• Participants have basic craft handling skills (e.g. moving craft forward and turning around)
• Ratio of 1:4.
To register in the program you will need to create an account in the PA Education system. This is currently separate to any club membership account. After registration, you will be taken to a landing page and receive an email with login details to the education site. Following this email you will receive details of the program link and login once PNSW confirms your membership. This may take up to 24 hours.
Completion of the PA online program is not all that is required to be registered as a Paddle Australia Introductory Coach. The following is to be submitted to PNSW: