Paddle Australia is delighted to deliver the Introduction to Coaching course. The course is designed to enable the beginner coach to gain their Introductory Coach qualification after successful completion of all requirements.
PA paddle club members: SPECIAL: From now until 31 July 2020, the course fee be waived for PA paddle club members. Plus, if all requirements are submitted to PA by 30 September 2020, members will be given 12 months free registration.
PA direct members: $90 course fee, plus $60 fee for 3 years registration.
Non members: $190 course fee, plus $60 fee for 3 years registration.
The Introductory Coach works with paddlers who wish to gain coaching on core paddling skills.
The Introductory Coach would ideally operate under the supervision of a current Level One Coach or above however can work independently under the below conditions:
• Enclosed waters with no current and little wind influence.
• Hazards are minimal and there is always ready access to safe landing.
• Distance is no greater than 50m from shore.
• All participants are wearing lifejackets.
• All participants can swim.
• Participants have basic craft handling skills (e.g. moving craft forward and turning around)
• Ratio of 1:4.
To register in the program you will need to create an account in the PA Education system. This is currently separate to any club membership account. After registration, you will be taken to a landing page and receive an email with login details to the education site. Following this email you will receive details of the program link and login once PA confirms your membership. This may take up to 24 hours.
Completion of the PA online program is not all that is required to be registered as a Paddle Australia Introductory Coach. The following is to be submitted to PA at email@example.com:
- Completion of the PA online Introduction to Coaching course.
- Completion of the Australian Sports Commission Community Coaching General Principles course: https://learning.ausport.gov.au/.
- Completion of the Play By The Rules Child Protection course: https://learning.ausport.gov.au/.
- Note: For the above two courses you will be required to create a SportAus learning portal username and password.
- Current Working With Children Check obtained online from state government department.Please see the below linksrn
- 16 years of age or over Note: If you are under 16 you are still welcome to complete the online course however you will be unable to register for the qualification. Once you turn 16, PA will be happy to process your registration.
- While a First Aid certificate is not required for registration, PA recommends that there is a responsible adult who holds a first aid qualification appropriate for the area of operation, along with a first aid kit for every program.
We hope you will enjoy this course and use it as the start of your coach education journey.
We wish you all the best in your coaching and learning journey.
Participation and Training Manager